Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Feminine Fluidity

I am the water in my father's tea.
Warming his heart with a drink of me.

I am the water dripping off olive leaves,
In my mother's garden, silver signs of peace.

I am a cool towel on my baby brother's brow
Wiping away worry, the only way I know how.

I'm light like warm air, my head up in the clouds.
But I am also rain water soaking into the ground.

Tickling tree roots, sleeping through the dawn.
Waking up slowly like dewdrops on the lawn.

I float down a river and rush into the emerald sea.
I dance to my own song, suspended in the breeze.

When I'm sad it hurts, I cry, quiet 'til I freeze.

I crack with pain and anger until I fall into your glass.

Your sweet embrace. My loving cup, I'll drink you to the last.

1 comment:

Debasish Bera said...

Didn't know about your this side. Beautiful...